Due to vibrant growth in the compost manufacturing industry, the U.S. Composting Council® Certification Commission (USCC) is introducing new certifications for professionals.
As early as 2000, the USCC Board of Directors created a Professional Credentials Committee to begin investigating training and certification for facility operators.
In 2010, the Composter Training Program was launched, with the introduction of the Compost Operations Training Course (COTC).
In 2014, the Composting Council Research and Education Foundation (CCREF) received funding from the 11th Hour Project, a program of the Eric and Wendy Schmidt Foundation, to begin the process of creating a professional certification for the compost manufacturing industry.
Two years later, the USCC Board accepted the recommendations of the CCREF and empaneled the first Certification Commission to launch the credentialing program.
The Certification Commission has the distinct honor of leadership by five Commissioners who have each spent many years in the field of organics recycling. Their commitment, experience, involvement, and breadth of understanding has culminated in developing a credentialing program that represents the best and most current practices in facility management and operations.
The Benefits of Certification
- The CCOM™ designation distinguishes you so you stand out from the crowd!
- When you achieve CCOM™ you can belong to a distinguished group that gives you the recognition and respect you deserve for your experience and hard work in the organic recycling industry.
- A CCOM™ certification will help you move forward in your career faster with the latest updates and continuing professional development programs. Plus, you can get your questions answered fast, communicate with other professionals and industry experts and voice your feedback too.
- You can give back to your profession and industry while enjoying the benefits of being part of an elite group of top professionals.
- CCOM™ certification is valid for three years as long as you stay current with advances in the field with 30 hours of documented, continuing education during that time. Then, you will be asked to complete a recertification application and pay your fees online.
Are you ready to join this special group of professionals—CCOM™ Certified?